About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Week 19

Dear Parents,
        We  had another wonderful week of learning. Two step math problems are challenging for second graders, yet your children rose to the occasion and powered through. Thank you for helping your children get corrections to missed problems done at home when they did not finish them at school. Your partnership with me helps your children succeed! We  had fun experimenting with our mittens using snap blocks, 1 inch tiles and a chocolate kiss. Make sure you ask your child how it went. We will begin sharing our biography reports this week as all have been completed! I can’t wait to see all their hard work! We completed our unit on rocks and took our assessment Friday . We learned the importance of Martin Luther King Day and why it is a national holiday.   
       We are going to be sharing a couple Flat Stanley adventures each day next week. If your child’s Flat Stanley did not return via e-mail or postal service, I had him/her write Flat Stanley on his/her behavior chart. Please contact the people who had your child’s Flat Stanley and have them return him as soon as possible via e-mail or postal service. (I also found a letter from a Macie who had a Flat Stanley visiting her house in our classroom. None of our class seems to recognize this letter. If your child sent Flat Stanley to Macie, please let me know.) There are still 6 Stanleys missing in action!

              

No comments:

Post a Comment