About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Week 21

Dear Parents,
       We had another great week of learning in second grade! Thank you to those of you who helped provide the 100th Day snack. I should have taken a photo of them counting it out, but by the time I thought of it, the snack was gone! I was busy taking pictures of each child and using an app to age them to 100 years old. They are writing about what their life will be like when they are 100! The ones turned in are precious!We are learning about verb tenses and writing winter stories using action verbs. We are also creating verb poems. We are continuing to share our Flat Stanley adventures with the class. If your child has not turned something in, please contact the people who have your Flat Stanley. They can e-mail me a letter telling what they did with your child’s Flat Stanley. This is such a fun project for the children I would like everyone to have something to share. We are beginning our unit on multiplication with repeated addition and arrays. We will be taking our science unit test on Monday over Natural Water Resources.

* We will be going to LISDOLA for a field trip on Feb. 26th. Please fill out and send in as soon as possible the permission form that went home in your child’s Coyote folder on Friday.

*Announcing the Call for Entires for Reel Voices: LISD Student Film Festival. Using their unique voices, students will express their passion, interests, and knowledge through the creation of a video. Entries are accepted until April 2015, and winners may attend the Red Carpet Event on May 29, 2015, at the MCL Grand Theater in Lewisville. 


For more information, go to filmfest.lisd.net

No comments:

Post a Comment