About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Week 23

Dear Parents,
         We had a wonderful week of learning! I’m trying to let your children have a little more responsibility of their own completing work and managing their work time. It is working in some areas, but I will still manage others as about 2/3 my class did not do their word work at school last week. Spelling needs to be practiced at home as well, but please stress with your children that daily practice at school will also improve their spelling scores! The children are enjoying learning the concept of division as repeated subtraction or dividing a number into equal groups in Math! Please make sure that your child continues to fill out both reading and math logs Monday-Thursday and that they are brought to school ready to turn in on Friday! Your children are interested in our science unit about natural and manmade resources. We are talking about conserving some of our natural resources and how everyone can help. We are wrapping up our unit on verbs and beginning adjectives. Using these words will enrich our writing. In social studies we have been studying how things are made. From collecting materials, getting them to the factories, making them, and getting them to the stores where consumers can buy them.
        Jump Rope for Heart is well under way.  Our goal is $4,500 and for every student to donate $5.00 on line.  Friday, March 6 is the last day of Jump Rope for Heart.  We are asking students wear read and bring a healthy snack on this day.  Thank you for you continued support.  You can donate online at heart.org/jump  .


Have a wonderful weekend!       

No comments:

Post a Comment