About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Week 6

Dear Parents,
     We are ready to settle down and get serious about second grade. I was so proud of my class on Friday. I saw many self directed learners as well as small groups working together to complete a task. The room was humming with wonderful learning opportunities. 
      I had my first six conferences this week and look forward to speaking to all of you about your children and how we can work together to make this your child’s best year yet! If you have not scheduled your conference please send back the conference form with your top three choices. I have sent another letter home with the times that are left to be scheduled.
      The book fair begins Monday. You may visit with your child at lunch, before school, or after school and go together, or send money with them any day next week. I will send them to the library at a convenient time. Our class will be going to the book fair on Tuesday from 1:00-1:20. Your child can purchase books then as well.
      The Pumpkin Book Project packet went home in your child’s coyote folder today. Please look at the calendar inside so that you know when the different parts of the project are due. One piece is due each week with the final project being turned in on Oct. 28th. This week. The Pumpkin Book Project Blueprint and supply list are due on Thursday October 8th. This is a project I hope you and your child will enjoy! Please e-mail me with any questions that you may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment