About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, October 16, 2015

Week 8

Dear Parents,
           I really saw the class get excited about writing this week. They love Mo Willem’s Pigeon books! They compared two of his books. They wrote about why or why not they would let pigeon drive the bus. They have even been challenged to write a letter to Mo giving him a new idea for him to use. I can’t wait to see their creative writing! 
           We also focused on our three types of communities: urban, suburban, and rural. The children chose their favorite one to write about. They were then paired up with others who like the same type of community. We will wrap up this unit with a building project. Please help us by collecting empty cereal boxes, milk cartons, or oatmeal containers to send to school next week. Our building day is Friday. I have construction paper, card stock, tape and glue for them to use as well. The board they will build  on is about 3x2 ft. Thank you in advance for your help.
            Thank you for watching our Pumpkin Project calendar and getting the parts in on time. I have sent the final copy paper for the project home in your child’s coyote folder today.

             I am looking forward to seeing you all tonight at our Fall Festival! I will get there as soon as I can. I’m dropping off one of my sons at the airport, then I will be back at CRE passing out candy by our classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment