About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, October 23, 2015

Week 9

Dear Parents,
      We had another great week! Our book study of Stellaluna was a success. The children wrote a summary, analyzed the text for words that described how the character changed throughout the book and learned how authors carefully choose their words to help with describing a character and his/her actions.
       We finished our study about communities, culminating in our building day. I have great pictures to show of the communities and their builders, but I’m waiting until I have permission from all of you to do so. If you received an e-mail from me earlier this week, Please go onto skyward and check to see if you filled out the AUP section. This allows for your child to be photographed and the pictures shared on my blog and in our year book.
         We are continuing our unit on changing matter. The children had two fun learning opportunities to change matter this week. We made paper airplanes, choosing our own materials, then getting to test them by flying them outside. I have a short video of their fun. We also chose materials to meet a challenge: build the tallest structure in small groups keeping a cotton ball as high in the air as they could. There were some frustrations, but a lot of team work. As soon as the AUP section is filled out I can do so.

          I am so proud of all their hard work this week. I can’t wait to see our pumpkin projects next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment