About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Week 10

Dear Parents,
      Thank you for supporting me on another wonderful week of learning! We had many fun learning opportunities this week. We discussed pumpkin facts, including the life cycle of a pumpkin. We also estimated the weight, the circumference as well as how many seeds were inside a real pumpkin. We were all surprised to find out there were 422 seeds! We all had fun reaching inside, getting a little slimy, then putting the seeds into piles of 10. The students outdid themselves with their pumpkin projects! 
       We had two assemblies this week. Our Quality Coyotes, Aidan and Kaylee, were announced at our end of the nine weeks assembly. We had a Red Ribbon Week assembly in which the theme of do not do drugs was reinforced by bikers who did many wonderful tricks outside our school on a huge ramp, including jumping over five teachers. 
         The best part of the week for me was when a former student of mine came to visit our school. I taught her in a first grade class that I had years ago. She has become an author and has her own You Tube Channel where she teaches about ocean conservation and has many short science videos on marine life. The order form to purchase her books is attached. You have through November 16th to get your order turned in to our school. If you would like to subscribe to her Friends with Fins you tube channel, that helps her out immensely and gets you free access to educational content for your children! Here is the subscribe link: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxnA3JmSg-387paBRM60lnA?sub_confirmation=1 It’s fun ocean conservation and marine science videos! Feel free to share it around to other parents because these videos are great learning tools and the kiddos love them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment