About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Week 11

Dear Parents,
               I am so proud of my class! They are earning many Coyote Coupons for their behavior around the school. We are settling in and being good citizens! We are working independently and know the routines. Homework is being turned in on time as your children take responsibility.  Please keep encouraging them as they are doing very well! 
               This week in science we have done experiments with light, heat and sound. Ask your child which experiment he/she enjoyed the most. Our reading story this week was quite difficult as the students were expected to make inferences about the story, using key words like before and after. Most of them were able to find their text evidence to answer the questions. We have been learning about proper nouns and will be adding them to our noun town. We are learning about past, present, and future in our new social studies series as we see how things change over time for communities and people. Thank you for helping your child fill out his/her family tree so that we can add it to our giant tree in the hallway. Bring it Monday if they have not yet brought it to school.

              The best part of last week for me was when a former student of mine came to visit our school. I taught her in a first grade class that I had years ago. She has become an author and has her own You Tube Channel where she teaches about ocean conservation and has many short science videos on marine life. The order form to purchase her books is attached. You have through November 16th to get your order turned in to our school. If you would like to subscribe to her Friends with Fins youtube channel, that helps her out immensely and gets you free access to educational content for your children! Here is the subscribe link: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxnA3JmSg-387paBRM60lnA?sub_confirmation=1 It’s fun ocean conservation and marine science videos! Feel free to share it around to other parents because these videos are great learning tools and the kiddos love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment