About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, November 20, 2015

Week 13

Dear Parents,
           We had a great week learning about the first Thanksgiving, comparing it to our Thanksgiving traditions and Writing a “How To” paper about how to bake a Thanksgiving turkey. These writings are so cute because the students get to use their imaginations or write about what they’ve noticed while walking through the kitchen. They created a Thanksgiving mat with their writing on it that could be the center piece of your table. We also learned how to be a “TURKEY”! Their small books will be coming home today. Encourage your child to be a turkey over the break. We have been having fun exploring magnets and learning how they are part of our every day life. 
         Last night at the PTA meeting we celebrated our two Prideful Paws, Milan and Katie! Your child’s art was on display for you to enjoy or purchase the framed picture.
          We had a wonderful field trip yesterday! Thank you to Mr. Garrett, Ms. Newman, Jihyun Sung, and Hong for chaperoning! Look on our blog for all the above pictures!
            I hope you all enjoy this break with your families! I will be reflecting on all I have to be thankful for … working with your wonderful children each day is a big part of that. Partnering with you to make a difference makes me Thankful as well! 

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment