About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, February 5, 2016

Week 21

Dear Parents,
             We took our math CBA tests this week showing what we have learned in math this whole semester. I was so impressed with the strategies they used and the effort put forth on this test. 
            We have started multiplication! They are really excited. With it being the 100th day of school, we had a lot of fun activities like making crazy glasses, building with 100 cups, making our snack with 100 pieces of food. Yum! Thank you to all of you who contributed to our yummy snack. We also worked on 100 piece puzzles and had a 100 exercise challenge. We also wore about what we would be like when we were 100 years old. 
             We are working on verbs and verb tenses in language. We have also been writing winter stories as our mid-year writing project. 
             We are learning about natural and man-made resources in science. We are learning about goods and services in social studies. We made a goods and service map. We are also writing about what we’d like to be when we grow up. We have a lot of wonderful careers picked out for our future! 

*Bring a protein healthy snack form for Monday.  Please remind students that Monday is Healthy Snack Day—protein.   
Suggestions:
yogurt
turkey or ham wrap
crackers and peanut butter
crackers and cheese
hard boiled egg
milk
cheese sticks, cubes, slices
nuts
protein bar (students were told they must have protein bar in wrapper so as not to be confused with a granola bar)

  * Here is a  link for purchasing the yearbook. 


 * Check Coyote Folders for information about the Valentines and Valentine boxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment