About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, February 19, 2016

Week 23

 Dear Parents,
      We had another great week of learning. The Timeline projects turned out fantastic! Thank you for working with your children on this keepsake project. The children had fun sharing them and learning about each other!
    We wrote a how to play my favorite game starting with a flow map and taking it to final copy. We also researched famous African Americans for Black History Month and created a pyramid. 
      We read Frog and Toad this week, created an alone/together writing project and took our vocabulary and comprehension test. They were so thrilled to see the story we read acted up on stage. This play also fits in with our science unit on weather. It was Frog and Toad All Year. It showed their friendship through all four seasons. We have started collecting weather data and will graph it after 10 days. I could not take pictures of the show, but took just a few in the theater. 
       In math we are continuing to focus on multiplication and division. The assessment will be next week.

*The Book Fair is online for a few more days! All purchases benefit the school library, and all orders ship to school for free. The online fair ends Wednesday, February 24th.  http://bookfairs.scholastic.com/homepage/coyoteridgeelementaryschool1.

No comments:

Post a Comment