About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, February 12, 2016

Week 22

Dear Parents,
          This week we worked hard understanding the concepts of multiplication and division as repeated addition and repeated subtraction. We began writing our own multiplication stories and created an Array City. We are excited and challenged!
           We finished and shared our “Expert Teaching Books”. The children enjoyed learning from each other and celebrating each others growth in writing! We learned about helping verbs in language arts. 
            In science we finished up our unit on natural and man made resources. We learned new vocabulary, wrote about those resources we see around us and finished today with our assessment.
            In social studies we learned about trading goods and services as well as read two interesting scholastic News articles.

            Our Valentines Day Party was a success. Thank you to the parents who came to share in our celebration. A big thank you to Kelci Lundrigan for getting all our party supplies, food and planning a wonderful party!

No comments:

Post a Comment