About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, April 15, 2016

Week 30

Dear Parents,
              The weeks are going by quickly! We learned to tell time to the minute in math this week and have begun talking about area in square units. In reading we enjoyed our story, Click Clack Moo and rewrote the story from Farmer Brown’s perspective. In language we are learning about compound words and how to write a story with a bold beginning. In science we finished up our unit on the basic needs of plants and animals and began looking at the impact of the environment to living organisms. In social studies we have begun to look at famous landmarks and American Symbols.There are many important notes below. Make sure to check that each item has been turned in. 
Have a great weekend!


*I still need two field trip permission forms. I must have this signed form for your child to go to LISDOLA next week. 

*Please send in a plain, white pillow case needed for each student in second grade for a special keep sake project 

*Field Day is coming up this next week and I have told your child what color T- shirt he/she should wear on that day. The colors are: yellow, red, blue, or green. Look in your child’s Coyote Folder to find out your child’s color.

*I sent home the 2016-2017 Student Enrollment Form in your child’s coyote folder two Fridays ago. Please fill it out as soon as possible and return it to school. I still need three more!

*Link to purchase a year book

* Important Parent Information Below :

Coyote Ridge Elementary
Spring School Pictures

If you have already ordered your portraits, thank you!  
If you are still waiting for your spring portraits they will be arriving soon.
When you get your spring portraits, please select your favorites and order online!

  1. Go to mylifetouch.com
  2. Log in with your Portrait ID and Access Code, located on your portrait package insert.
  3. Select which sheets you want to purchase and pay online.
  4. Please return unpurchased portraits to your school.

No comments:

Post a Comment