About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Week 32

Dear Parents,
     In Science we began our unit on the life cycles of insects. All our experiences at LISDOLA have really given us a lot of background knowledge. We have been continuing to learn about polygons in math. We never knew there were so many plane shapes! The children are becoming experts at counting the sides and vertices! We continued to learn about synonyms and antonyms and played synonym matching as well as a who has game that helped us practice both sets of words. In reading we read Violet’s Music  and filled out a graphic organizer about the story on music notes!In Social studies we will continue practicing map skills and create a Bell Book about all our American Symbols and Landmarks until the end of the year. We have begun our testing for end of year skills. DRA testing started this week. I am so proud of my excellent readers!

*Don’t forget about Swim Week. Make sure your child has everything he/she needs for this fun activity at the Aquatic Center in the Colony next Monday- Thursday


* Watch for an important information packet about the Animal Habitat Project. It will be in the folder on May 6th.

No comments:

Post a Comment