About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, January 6, 2017

Week 17

Dear Parents,
         Even though this was a short week, all were happy to be back to school and working on new learning! In math we began adding a two-diget number to a one-diget number and then added two, two-digit numbers, both with and without regrouping. In writing we learned about what a resolution is and made our own for 2017! In reading we read and compared two versions of the mitten, ordered the details from 1-10, and learned new vocabulary. In science we started learning about bodies of fresh and salt water and played a swat game to help us learn to identify them. In social studies we compared home life, transportation, communication, technology and science in the past to now. We realized how easy we have it compared to just 100 years ago! 

          I would also like to welcome a new student, Jaiden, to our classroom! We are all looking forward to getting to know him better!

No comments:

Post a Comment