About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, January 13, 2017

Week 18

Dear Parents,

Things are humming along in our room! The routines are down, and the expectations are being practiced each day. I am so proud of this class and excited about how much they love to learn! In math we took our Unit six test on two-digit addition with regrouping. We began unit 7 on two-digit subtraction with regrouping! Most of them already have the process down! In language we talked about verb tenses and agreement with the subject. In reading they were excited to read a nonfiction text called Penguin Chick. The comprehension test was really difficult, but students were allowed to use their books to prove their answers. We talked about main ideas in the paragraphs of the story and the supporting details. I sent home a Scholastic News about penguins in their Coyote Folder. If they read it and answer the questions on the back, they can receive a red ticket toward their next visit to the treasure box. In Science we continued to learn and write about bodies of fresh and salt water. In social studies we’ve been learning about things from the past vs. things from the present as well as all about Martin Luther King Jr. Hearing them discuss how this great man changed our lives in America warmed my heart. Your children have great compassion for one another! I hope you enjoy the 4 day week end with your family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment