About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, May 25, 2018

Week 35

Dear Parents,
      We have had a fun week of learning at our Camp to Third Grade! It will continue to be camp in our room through next Wednesday! Thank you to all the parents who sent in camping supplies. A big thank you To Kenji and his parents for supplying the tent.
      In math we finished up our economics unit and will be reviewing for our math CBA test which will be taken next week. This will show what math skills learning has been accomplished this year. 
       In Language we are finishing up our researching projects on animals and have been learning that contractions are two words put together with an apostrophe replacing some of the letters.
       In reading we have been reading a different book about camping each day and having fun learning experiences that review our reading skills such as comparing/contrasting, summarizing, predicting and visualizing! It has been so much fun completing our work in a camp like atmosphere! I sent them home with a baggie  of Smores as a treat on Wednesday, but I don’t think many of the bags made it home! :)
       In science we finished up our unit on how the environment can affect both plants and animals. We learned vocabulary like migration, hibernation, dormancy, thrive and perish. We researched affects on both plants and animals in small groups and predicted what affect certain conditions would have on a plant or animal.
        In social studies we reinforced our math economic unit with vocabulary activities, making a wallet and filling it with a new bill we created as well as a debit card, a credit card and a check. 

No comments:

Post a Comment