About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Saturday, February 22, 2020

Week 25

Dear Parents,
         This week in math we focused on addition and subtraction facts with and without regrouping. We worked many word problems whole group, as partners, and alone. We realized the are many ways to represent and solve the same problem.
         In reading we read two different Scholastic News Articles. We also researched a famous African American as a Black History Month activity. We made a pyramid which we will show you at Open House. It’s important to synthesize the information and report what major accomplishments made these American so famous!
         In Language we continued learning cursive writing, wrote a past narrative about our Valentine’s Day party and finished writing the final copy of our class report on Helen Keller.
         In Science we continued observing the weather, paired up with a partner for a project, and began creating a season box which will also be displayed at Open House. We did a talk read, talk, write about the weather and tools we use to predict it.
Seussical the Musical
2nd Grade Performance March 2nd @ 5:30pm 
Students will be performing a selection of songs based on the works of Dr. Seuss. 
***What to Wear: White shirt & jeans*** 
Students should arrive @ 5:15p


No comments:

Post a Comment