About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, September 10, 2021

Week 6

  Dear Parents,

        I hope you all had a great weekend with your family and friends. I sure did! It made for a very quick week this week. We have begun adding two and three numbers. We are learning to make a ten to make adding easier. We had lots of fun using counters and ten frames to do addition. 

        In writing we learned about using more tools to help us write like a word wall or a dictionary. We even had a quick lesson about how to put our spelling words in ABC order. This helped us understand how to find words in a dictionary. We began Speed week where we will go through the writing process in five short lesson. We began with prewriting. We will be writing a narrative of what we do in the fall.

         In reading this week our focus was on Central idea. We read The Dogs of Bedlam Farm. We discussed the topic, found details and came up with the central idea together. Later in the week we had a chance to read a short passage and show how we could find the topic, the details and the central idea.

         In social studies we learned about Patriots Day and wrote a poem about peace. 

          In science our focus has been on reading about, writing about, and sorting properties of matter. Observing objects and deciding how we could sort them led to very interesting conversations! We have some budding scientists in the room!

 

*PE REMINDER:

Coach Ray asks that parents please send students in tennis shoes on PE days and shorts under skirts/dresses.

PE Website Here you can see our specials rotation schedule.

 

  

 

*This was sent to me from our school librarian, Mrs. Hernandez: I have only had 9 children fill out this form. If you have not, please do as soon as you can. 

 

  1. Hello CRE families!  This is Mrs. Hernandez, your school librarian and I wanted to remind you all to please submit the form below.  The form is a Library Book Borrowing Contract that will help the students learn good habits of library books users.  If you have already filled out this form, I thank you and please disregard this message.  

 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf1BR-z7TByVArzw_TOOZhP-XGMqMNtrzcUSxUMBZWr7jqFOg/viewform

 

Please reach out to me if you have any questions!

 

  1. *Hello CRE families!  I am excited to announce that we are having a Fall Book Fair in a few weeks!  That’s right, on September 20th the library will be transformed into a magical wonder Book Fair Land!  The book fair will run from September 20-24, but there will also be an optional to shop online until October 2nd!  I will be sharing more information next week about setting up an eWallet for your sweeties!  Have a great weekend!

 

Mrs. Hernandez

School Librarian

 

 

*Snacks- Please remember to send a snack every day for your child. We have donated snacks in the room if your child does forget, but this should not be every day. Thank you to Lori, Anu and Tasha for sending in more snacks. The students and I greatly appreciate your kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment