About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, October 29, 2021

Week 13

 Dear Parents,

           Red Ribbon Week was a great week! Thank you for having your children participate with the different themes each day! I also want to thank you for the great response we had for stuff the pantry! Our class made a great contribution.

            In math this week we measured many things with nonstandard units, inches, feet, yards, centimeters and meters. We learned the difference between height, width and length. 

            In writing we were able to finish up our imaginative stories. Next week we will be writing an expository. We will also have a contest in second grade to write an acrostic poem about a veteran. The winner will read his/her poem at the Veterans Assembly.

             In reading we read and listened to three stories. We learned about figurative language and focused on character traits. We had a reading checkpoint over one of the stories.

              In science we had fun exploring Sound, heat and light. We did several experiments and recorded them in our science notebooks. Using a tuning fork to see sound vibrations was really fun! 

                  Hoping to see you tonight at CRE Movie Night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment