About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Saturday, February 19, 2022

Week 25

 Dear Parents,

        Although I was not there this week I have been in touch nightly with Mrs. Stevens who had agreed to be with my class in my absence. She did an amazing job keeping the children on track. Thank you all for your loving messages that you sent to me. It means so much to know that I had an amazing retired teacher from my former team, who knows second grade and our content extremely well, taking care of my class and that I have supportive parents who understand life’s challenges. I look forward to returning to CRE on Tuesday. 

        A big shout out to Sabrina Wise for planning a wonderful Valentines party. She even sent me an e-mail with a picture of the class during the party. The smiles were a mile wide!

        I also had the honor of joining the class virtually on Wednesday for what I thought was a meeting, but instead was surprised by the new Superintendent, Lori Rapp, Mrs. Cervantes, my team and your children. I was named as one of the five finalists for elementary teacher of the year. I feel extremely honored, and plan on doing my best to represent CRE.

 

          Our student ambassadors developed some kindness challenges for students. We have also prepared a kindness calendar for each student to take home next week, to support their own continued kindness here at school and through spring break, with some kindness activities for at home. Our ambassadors have worked hard on these and are so excited to support with continued ACTS of Kindness.


Purchase a CRE Yearbook!

We are excited to let you know that you can now order your 2021-2022 CRE Yearbook!  The Yearbooks will be delivered to our campus in early May and will be distributed to all who have ordered!  There will also be an option to purchase a book then based on how many we have available.  You can get your Yearbook personalized for an additional $5.00.  Personalization of the Yearbook will be available to you until March, so place your order before March 2nd to have a chance to have your child’s name engraved on the cover.  Please visit the website by clicking on the link below:

https://bit.ly/CREyearbook

 

Thank you from your Yearbook Advisors,

 

Mrs. Clements – clementsc@lisd.net

Mrs. Hernandez – hernandezv@lisd.net

 

No comments:

Post a Comment