About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, February 25, 2022

Week 26

 Dear Parents,

           This week in math we focused on three digit subtraction with and without regrouping. I was impressed with how quickly my students were able to change over from the three digit addition problems! They are so focused as they work. I even hear them talking to themselves to say the steps we learned together.

            In writing we worked on our rough drafts of our famous American biographies. Mrs. Stevens did an excellent job of researching with them and they had many interesting facts to use to write their individual papers on Helen Keller. We edited, then revised making sure we used time order transition words.

             In reading we listened to a story on 2-22-2022 called Two of Everything and wrote a response. On Wednesday we review the traits of a good citizen and wrote about how we can be a good citizen. On Friday we created a kite glyph that tells about ourselves- this will be shared at Open House. We also read a story about a kite independently and answered comprehension questions.

               In Science we wrote about our favorite season. We used a thermometer to measure the temperature of hot, cold and room temperature water. We recorded our findings in our science notebooks. On Friday we used a wind vane and rain gauge to find the wind direction and the rainfall in inches- and yes, it actually rained in our classroom! It was a short week, but still packed with lots of fun learning opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment