About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Week 28

Dear Parents,
      I just found out that since we have a holiday when reports cards are normally sent home, we will not be sending these home until Friday, April 10th. Parents can view grades online starting Monday. I apologize for the misinformation I gave you last week.
      It was a short week for students but it was packed with wonderful learning opportunities. We are wrapping up our experiments that went along with the water cycle. We have two experiments left that we are waiting on to watch the rate of evaporation. 
The class had a team building activity where they had to work together in groups to reconstruct a puzzle of the water cycle. We also completed our economics unit. The children counted up their earned money and were able to spend their earnings on a movie ticket, and some snacks. They had to make choices based on the prices of the items and the money they had. A few children bought unlimited popcorn for $100! They can really eat. The amount earned ranged from $81- $479! A lot of good lessons about choices and consequences were had by all.We also wrote a class joke book for April Fools and a few pranks were played throughout the day on Friday! Some of my students really did fool me!

      I hope you enjoy a wonderful holiday weekend with your families!

No comments:

Post a Comment