About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, April 24, 2015

Week 31

Dear Parents,
        I am resending this list as a reminder in case some of you missed this e-mail. I received a list from our PE teacher telling me the T-shirt color each child in my class should wear on Field Day : May 1st. See your child’s color so you can plan ahead. If there is a problem with your child wearing his/her assigned color please let me know  as soon as possible so we can make team changes:

Pink Team: Ishan, Jobin, Tyler, Jiho, Ava

Blue Team: Malik,Helen, Bella, Jacob, Sahasra

Yellow Team: Hailey, Rony, Rhys, Archana

Green Team: Bryson, Sheba, Daniel, Jayla

This week we celebrated Earth Day! We read The Lorax and talked about ways we could help the earth! We each signed a classroom pledge to speak for the earth. We wrote the story elements as well as a creative piece pretending each of us was a Lorax. We finished our unit on Environmental effects and have begun a science unit on Insect Life Cycles.We have live meal worms, lady bugs, and butterfly larva at school! We are learning about adverbs in language and how they modify verbs, adjectives or other adverbs. In math we are learning about the names of plane shapes as well as how to count the sides and vertices. It has been a quiet week with DRA testing. We are all done! This will be their last one of the year! All your children are right on track! I am so proud of the growth in their reading and comprehension this year!

 *May 1st on Field Day we will be serving sack lunches to the entire school. (please let me know if your child will be purchasing this lunch as they will be pre-made)
It will include :
Turkey and cheese sandwich
Broccoli 
Carrots
Fruit
Milk


* Please send in one plain, white pillow case as soon as you can. We create a special second grade keep sake. If you buy a set of two and would like to donate one to help out another student that would be great! I will need at least three mother volunteers to help write a poem with sharpie marker on 6 pillow cases. I give you the poem. You just trace it through the case. If you would like to help with this (it can be done from home) please let me know. I will collect the 18 pillow cases, send them home with 3 helpers, then we will complete them at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment