About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, May 1, 2015

Week 32

Dear Parents,
      We have had another great week of learning. In reading we have continued to question, think and wonder while we read two really interesting books: Recess at 20 Below and Biggest, Strongest, Fastest. We even researched to find the answers to some of our unanswered questions.In language arts we finished up adverbs and learned about compound words. We learned the meaning of new compound words such as homesick and arm chair. In math we were learning time to the minute as well as area of shapes marked in square units. Science has continued to be fun as we watched all the insects in our rooms. Our meal worms have slowed down on their moving and eating and we think they will be entering their pupa stage soon. 
       Field Day was a great success!

* Please send in one plain, white pillow case by next Friday. We create a special second grade keep sake. If you buy a set of two and would like to donate one to help out another student that would be great! I will need at least three mother volunteers to help write a poem with sharpie marker on 6 pillow cases. I give you the poem. You just trace it through the case. If you would like to help with this (it can be done from home) please let me know. I will collect the 18 pillow cases, send them home with 3 helpers, then we will complete them at school.


No comments:

Post a Comment