About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, May 22, 2015

Week 35

Dear Parents,
           What a great week! The children were so excited about their animal projects and reports! Thank you for helping to guide them through it. They all did a fantastic job! They loved sharing their hard work. 
          They are also looking forward to swimming next week. Make sure you read over the letter in your child’s coyote folder so that they are prepared for next Tuesday. 
         We Are finishing up our last unit in math on graphing, then will take our end of the year CBA next Friday! This week was our last reading comprehension test and the children had to work hard being reading detectives to find their answers in the story. They needed to be able to sequence the events in the story, which can be a hard skill to learn. I was very proud of their effort. Language is winding down as well as we finish up with prefixes/ suffixes and prepositions. Their last writing assignment will be a second grade memory book. We will finish up our science units with plant characteristics. We are planting some seeds today which should sprout while we are home over this three day week end. I hope you have a wonderful holiday week end with your families!


* A special thank you goes to Angela Broomfield for going with us to LISDOLA and to Cate Crane and Veronica Cooper for writing out a poem on your child’s keepsake pillow case project! I don’t know what I would do without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment