About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, May 15, 2015

Week 34

Dear Parents,
           I am cherishing these last few weeks with your kiddos. They have learned so much this year! We have been focusing on measuring in Math. They have been busy this week searching our room for items that are certain lengths and also measuring things in inches, yards, centimeters, and meters. It is fun to watch as they successfully measure each item with the appropriate measuring tool. In language we are learning about using pronouns correctly … yes we should no longer be saying Josh and me, but Josh and I! In reading we have learned about animals and their homes and have made a quadrama which will be coming home. In science we have had fun exploring the different characteristics that animals have. Ask about how we saw like owls, insects, frogs, and cats. We learned that larger ears help animals hear better by using different sized cups. We tried making different animal prints with paint. In social stidies we are finishing up our Bell Books which are full of special facts about our country.

        We had a wonderful time on our field trip to LISDOLA! I was so relieved that the weather held off and we were able to go. Learning and fun was had by all!  Our group was so good that Mrs. B took them on an extra long hike to a stream area! You should be very proud of your children!

     * The week of May 25th the second grade will be participating in swim lessons. A permission form is going home today. Please return it by next Wednesday.
            
    

No comments:

Post a Comment