About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Week 33

Dear Parents,
       We have just completed the second three week period in our last 9 weeks. All my students are doing well, so no mid-term reports will be going home. I want to tell you, before it gets too busy, that this has been a stellar year. This group of children have been one of the highlights of my career. As a whole, they are caring , hard working children, who really enjoy learning! They want to know more, to do more. This is a teacher’s dream. I love all my students and look forward to hearing about the wonderful accomplishments they will achieve in the future. For this reason, I always give out my personal e-mail address. (Just in case one of my students wishes to get in touch with me in the future: bac91764@yahoo.com) I plan to be at CRE for a long while yet, but we all know how life can change. Each of my students own a piece of my heart. I send it along with them into the future. This position as their teacher is a gift. I hope I have given a gift back to each one of them; to believe in themselves, know we all make mistakes, and  that we can fix any mistake to create the future we each desire. Learning from our mistakes, and growing are the keys! Thank you for sharing your children with me this year. Thank you also for the beautiful flowers, the kind notes, the sweet treats and gift cards. You were all so kind to think of me. The best gift of all has been each day spent with your children.
          * Our field trip is next Thursday. Please make sure that sunscreen and insect repellent are applied to your children before they come to school. They are to bring a disposable water bottle and sack lunch. Everything will be thrown away after lunch, but water bottles can be refilled. All students must wear long pants and closed- toed shoes. A hat is recommended. There are ticks this time of year. Have your child take a hot bath when they return home. Just to make sure they have not brought a tick home with them.
          
        * Your children have a special Mother’s Day gift … I don’t think anyone will forget, but … They have worked in the classroom, the art room, and the computer room. I hope you feel special. They all think the best of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment