About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, April 10, 2015

Week 29

Dear Parents,
       Since we have a holiday when reports cards are normally sent home, we will be sending these home today Friday, April 10th. Parents may view grades online as well. 
        Please check the Coyote folder every Friday for important papers and information, empty it and return the empty folder to school on Mondays. Graded papers and printed materials from the school will be inside. Today look for awards given to students for All A Honor Roll and perfect attendance.
        With the nice weather and the switch back from earning money to the daily sticker chart in your child's blue coyote folder (which comes home daily) we have had more than our usual amount of clip changes. Please encourage your child to earn that behavior star for following our classroom rules, being kind to others, and staying on task with our work.

        Do not forget that Tuesday is our rescheduled picture day. Individual and class pictures will be taken. If you sent in your money and background choice in earlier for the first picture date, then I have held onto it. If you have not sent anything in , a new form had gone home last week. Please fill them out and send them in on Monday. Class pictures are prepaid for $12.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment