About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, March 4, 2016

Week 25

Dear Parents,
              I was so happy to see so many of our families at open house. The children are so proud of their collection of work and were happy to share what they’ve done! This week we worked on visualizing and making inferences while we read. Many of you got to see our projects we created in the hall … your child with glasses on that had picture of what they visualized as a poem was read. We thought about the words that helped us make those visualizations. In writing we wrote a story about if we would like to have the Cat in the Hat visit our home. Some of you need to watch out! That cat is welcome at your house. In Math we began our unit on money. I am so proud of how quickly this group of students have learned the strategies to counting up sums of coins, then telling how much more. We continued looking at maps and globes and created our very own globe! We finished up our science unit on weather! We graphed our temperature and looked at our weather data. We took our test today! 

               I hope all of you have a wonderful Spring Break with your families!

No comments:

Post a Comment