About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Week 28

Dear Parents,
               It is so hard to believe that the third six weeks is over! We are beginning our 4th nine weeks period on Monday, April 4th. We have begun fractions in math and so far it seems that everyone understands the concept. They can all use a little practice writing out a story problem where the answer is a fraction.
               In science we are learning about what causes us to see the phases of the moon. It would be a great idea to point out the moon in the sky each time you see it. A first hand viewing is always  better than drawings.
               They enjoyed our reading selection, Luke Goes to Bat. The message was to never give up. We practiced sequencing, writing beginning, middle , end and wrote creatively with this story as our inspiration. Everyone did well on both parts of the assessment yesterday.
                In language we are working on Possessive nouns and contractions. I graded the language homework which showed me that possessive nouns will need to be retaught. It is a difficult concept, but we will keep practicing!
                In Social Studies we began a unit about our government. We are learning all about our local, state and U.S.  Governments as well as our leaders!


*Field Day is coming up this next month and I have told your child what color T- shirt he/she should wear on that day. The colors are: yellow, red, blue, or green

*I sent home the 2016-2017 Student Enrollment Form in your child’s coyote folder. Please fill it out as soon as possible and return it to school.

* Important Parent Information Below :

Coyote Ridge Elementary
Spring School Pictures

If you have already ordered your portraits, thank you!  
If you are still waiting for your spring portraits they will be arriving soon.
When you get your spring portraits, please select your favorites and order online!

  1. Go to mylifetouch.com
  2. Log in with your Portrait ID and Access Code, located on your portrait package insert.
  3. Select which sheets you want to purchase and pay online.
  4. Please return unpurchased portraits to your school.

No comments:

Post a Comment