About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Week 26

Dear Parents,

        The week before Spring Break was a busy one! We continued counting coins in math up to $1.00. We will be taking our assessment this week. In Language we were working on a persuasive brochure. This will be used at a later date to talk to first graders and convince them that when they are in second grade, they should go through the LISD swim course at the Colony Natatorium! We cannot wait to share these special brochures! In reading we focused on making connections: text to text, text to self, and text to world. We found that connecting to what we read helps us gain a greater understanding of the story! In science we began our unit on weather. We will be collecting data for 10 days and learning about weather patterns and seasons. In social studies we have been focusing on map skills, cardinal directions, and intermediate directions. We also concluded our unit on economics. The children were able to spend their earnings on a movie ticket and snacks. Budgeting their money and making decisions about what would be the best deal came into play. After tummies were full, demand went down and prices were cut. Those children who still had money were able to purchase items at a big discount! There were a lot of good lessons being learned as we had fun counting and spending our money!

No comments:

Post a Comment