About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Week 28

Dear Parents,
           I survived jury duty on Monday and got a good report from the sub. Learning continued as usual! This Math unit has many different difficult skills. I am sending homework home each night so that you can help support your child in his/her learning. We have been looking for patterns with numbers, problem solving with missing numbers, and looking for patterns on a chart. In language we finished up adverbs and began a persuasive letter. Your child will be writing to someone he or she knows to persuade them to do something or give them something. Just FYI, YOU may be receiving a letter! I will be receiving a few as well! :) In reading we read Luke Goes to Bat . With this story we worked on the skills of knowing beginning, middle end and story order. In Science we finished up our weather unit and took our assessment. In Social Studies we continued  looking at maps and map symbols and begun a unit on landforms.
* The Big Event is tomorrow, Saturday, April 1st from 9-12 at CRE. I hope to see you there!
* If you get a paper copy of your child’s report card, you may keep it. Please return the signed envelope on Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment