About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Week 6

Dear Parents,
   First things, First! There is no tutoring after school on Monday as I have a class to go to to learn more about expository writing! I am excited to get more writing ideas to teach in my classroom. My before school student can still expect to be greeted at the door at 7:00 A.M. Monday morning.
    We had another wonderful week of learning in second grade! We finished up our first unit in our math book and took our assessment. In math we were using ten frames to look at numbers and their parts. We could solve addition and subtraction problems with this math tool. We also used    our part/part/whole boxes to help us discover the number families like 6+7=13, 7+6=13, 13- 6=7, and 13-7=6! We are getting good at using different tools to help us think and solve problems.
     In writing we are beginning stories about the Fall, learning about topic sentences, details, and conclusions as well as revising our writing using examples, sensory words, similes or metaphors. Ask them about my writing of the messy room!
     In reading we enjoyed our story Henry and Mudge Under the Yellow Moon and wrote about the beginning, middle and end of the story to summarize.
     In social studies we learned about Habit Six: Synergize! Together is better! We also began our unit on community. Please start saving empty cereal boxes, small cartons or anything you can think of to help your child build a model of a community at school on a foam board. These three-D projects will be made by groups. They will pick from urban, rural, or suburban communities to build as a group.
      
Your conference times are located in your child’s Coyote Folder. Please mark your calendar and a reminder will be going home the night before we meet!
  • PLEASE reply to this e-mail by writing only your child’s name and the word YES if I can post pictures of your child on our classroom blog or NO if you would rather I not post any pictures of your child.( I have only had 10 parents reply so pictures cannot be posted on the blog)
  • A blue link to our blog is in my signature line below. I post pictures of classroom activities, field trips, assemblies and learning opportunities we have in our room. I will not post any pictures of your child until I have permission from you. I have five parents who have not responded. Please let me know.
  • *If you would like to donate an item from our wish list, we could use more indoor recess board games, boy treasure box items, or girl treasure box item. The treasure box has been dipped into a lot with all the good choices being made and red tickets being earned! :) Thank you so much to Dylan and his parents for donating to the treasure box! The children were excited to see the new items.
Our CRE Fall Festival is coming up on Friday, October 14th! We will be having a silent auction in the CRE library. We
 need your help to make baskets for our auction. Each grade level will be submitting 2 or 3 themed baskets to auction off. We chose the theme family movie night. We are asking for a donation of $3.00 per child. Please get this in as soon as possible as
I

Have to go buy the items for the basket and get it ready by Oct. 14th!

No comments:

Post a Comment