About Me

My photo
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Welcome to my blog! My name is Beth Carpenter! I am a 2nd grade teacher at Coyote Ridge Elementary. I majored in Early Childhood Education and have taught for 22 years. I have taught grades K- 3 which gives me a unique ability to know where my second graders fit within those grades. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is a calling. I love to help light the fire of curiosity to help all my students become lifelong learners!

Schedule

Math 8:00-9:30 Brain Break 9:30-9:40 Enrichment 9:40-10:30 Guided Reading 10:30-11:30 Lunch 11:30-12:00 Writer's Workshop 12:00- 1:00 Recess 1:00-1:30 Reading/Social Studies 1:30-2:00 Science 2:00-2:50 Pack/Stack/Dismiss 2:50-3:00

Friday, October 14, 2016

Week 8

Dear Parents,
               This week flew by! We finished up unit two in math, learning how to read a story problem and decide if it is addition or subtraction and using a fact family to solve problems!In writing we are focused on writing complete thoughts and what kind of ending mark should go on a sentence. We mainly focused on statements and questions, but next week will learn about exclamations and commands. In reading we enjoyed Teacher’s Pets . We talked about the story elements and even played a dice game that tested our knowledge. Writing about our favorite pet or one we’d like to have was fun! In social studies we learned about Columbus Day and continued on with our leader in me activities. We are learning how to take care of ourselves so that we can do our best!In Science we finished up changing matter and took our assessment on Friday.
                The pumpkin project blueprint and list of supplies needed to make their pumpkin was due today. Each section of the project is part of the grade. Four students did not turn in part one of the pumpkin project. Points will be deducted for late assignments. If your child did not turn in part one today, please make sure that they have it on Monday - Please help your child turn in his/her project parts on time. Part 2 of the pumpkin project went home today in your child’s coyote folder. This story map will be due Oct. 21st.
        * We   have a new lunch time on early release days. The students eat at 10:25. We recommend sending your child with a packed lunch because we anticipate delays with trying to get all 6 grades through the lunch line.


Have a wonderful weekend with your family. I hope to see you and your family at the Fall Festival tonight at 6:00!

No comments:

Post a Comment